Sharing My FaceBook Post From This Morning.

Why am I sharing my FaceBook post from this morning?
Is it so good that it must be preserved and shared with the great wide universe?
No.
I just feel I should write something.
But it's hot - February in South Australia is hot, you know.
It's hot and my writing powers are expended.
So here is a writing writ earlier ... at breakfast time this morning.

"The wonders of social media, of which Facebook is a wondrous example, allow us to share the wonders of our wisdom with all those people out there where ever they may be – wonders that they may have spent their whole lives not knowing they had missed.
For instance, just this morning I got into the shower with my spectacles on.
Oh, those first few moments of panic, when you think "have I gone blind?"– "is this the way the world ends?"
Like Lou Reed would say, "O, O, O, O, O, O, O, what a feeling!"
It's February - the hottest month.
Sweating on top of hot sheets in the gentle breezes of the quietly humming fan.
I sweat and twitch, too well bred to exercise weakness of character by turning on the air-conditioner. Besides, with the air-conditioner working, the windows would be closed, and who can sleep with the windows closed - with the walls pressing in in the darkness - with the night taking on a threatening solidity, unknown ghosts of midnight invading and whispering and chuckling in the closed oppressive gloom?
The galahs were disturbed all night last night - quarrelling sleepily in the trees.
Even the birds are tired of Summer.
It's the heat you know.
I might stroll down to Keils Fine Food & Coffee for breakfast.
"O, O, O, O, O, O, O, what a feeling!" "

Oh - and I did.
The bacon was lovely.
The coffee was strong.
The girls were beautiful.
All is well in the Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment